For most Urbanbellas warm weather means braids for easy styling during vacation and outdoor activity. Follow these easy steps to keep your braids at their freshest.
- Cleanse and deep condition hair to prepare for braiding. Try the Urbanbella Cleansing and Conditioning Duo.
- Choose good quality human hair. It will be much gentler than synthetic hair and allow for easier care.
- Avoid too-tight braids. Sure, you want a long-lasting style but it’s not worth risking the health of your hair and scalp. Too much pulling can lead to follicle damage and traction alopecia.
- Cleanse with a diluted clarifying shampoo – follow with a light touch of coconut oil on your scalp. Massage carefully to prevent frizz or unraveling.
- If you must use conditioner, apply it lightly only to the ends of your braids.
- Sit under a dry or dry naturally. If possible, sit in the sun to accelerate the process.
- Many essential oils have both light moisturizing and antibacterial properties. Create your own scalp refreshing spritz between shampoos. Make your own formulation by adding a few drops to the oils to distilled water in a spray bottle:
- Tea tree oil
- Peppermint oil
- Lavender oil
- Lemongrass oil
You can also add orange oil for fragrance and coconut oil for moisture – which also has antibacterial qualities. Gently massage to distribute oils and pat into place.
Finally, enjoy easy and elegant styles through the season.