We are fanatics about the healthy bowl recipe trend that has taken over the world of food. There’s something so satisfying about loads of delicious ingredients heaped high in a bowl waiting to be devoured. Since April is all about living a healthy, green life – we had to give you one of our favorite plant-based bowl recipes. Once you make this bowl, you’ll wonder why you didn’t hop on this trend sooner!
Asian Miso Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup edamame, shelled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup kimchi*
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- Ginger Miso Dressing:
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tablespoons white miso
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse and drain the uncooked quinoa. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.*
- While quinoa is cooking, make the dressing. Place all of the ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a jar with a tight fitting lid and set aside.
- When the quinoa is cooked, add 1 cup to the bottom of two bowls. Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil to each and mix until the coconut oil has melted. Top the quinoa with the spinach, carrots, edamame, dried cranberries, kimchi, and scallions, dividing evenly between each bowl.
- Drizzle with ginger miso dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
*Kimchi is optional if you can’t find it in your local grocery store.
#urbanbella #food #bowls #recipes #plantbased #vegan #healthy #organic #clean #raw #natural #trends #foodtrends