Getting Your Best Makeup and Skincare Routine
For some of us, makeup and skin care come easy. We can just walk into our local Sephora or Ulta Beauty Store, browse the aisles and walk away with just the right shade of lipstick or eyeshadow and the perfect moisturizer to make our skin glow. For some of us, it takes a little more hand holding and work with a salesperson and we all know that can be hit or miss. Add the complexity of being a brown girl trying to find the right shade for your skin tone or finding a face wash that won’t break out your skin. It’s enough to make you want to just forget the entire thing.
So here at Urbanbella, we have decided to take you on a journey to getting your best makeup and skincare routine. We started our path to guiding our Urbanbellas to your best “Total You” with the Urbanbella Natural Hair Journey and Urbanbella Wellness Journey and today we begin our skincare and makeup journey by mapping out the ins and outs of the makeup counter and the skin care goodies available to you!
We will be dissecting the details you need to know to get your healthiest and prettiest skin. We will share our favorite DIY potions, what products have worked best for us here at Urbanbella that you can run out and buy today and of course we will be sharing with you some new creations from Urbanbella to elevate your beauty routine.
Let’s get started on the journey with a list of favorite foundations. Why? Because foundation evens out your canvas (your face) and makes all of your other goodies apply very easily.
Here are our Top 5 Foundations of all time:
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation Talk about a Flawless face. We couldn’t believe how airbrushed our face appeared without looking like we’re wearing makeup. This bottle of magic is worth every single penny and we keep it on hand at all times.
- Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H This is a new favorite and Keneesha wears it every day. We can’t tell you how many times someone has said “Oh wow, you have amazing skin” and we are thinking, “What you really want is this amazing foundation” It’s perfect for every day and leaves you with a flawless finish. Sometimes just a little of this with groomed brows and lashes is all you need.
- bareMinerals Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 It’s amazing how wonderful our skin feels with this one. We fell in love with it 6 years ago and it has been a staple in our makeup kit every since. We love the variety of shades for black women and other women of color. It’s lightweight and you don’t look like or feel like you are wearing anything. Not to mention if you visit the store the sales team is perfect with helping you get and pick the perfect shade.
- HourglassVanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick. This one was a surprise that learned about from Keneesha’s MUA. We used it to shoot a video here at Urbanbella and we love how easily it applies. It has a natural look while covering flaws and didn’t transfer(meaning stain anything or anyone we hugged).
- M·A·C Studio Face and Body This is old faithful. If you are looking for light coverage and just want a nice even finish on your face this is truly one you can trust. It’s also a great introductory foundation and one of the first ones we would buy when we started getting selective. You can go wrong, it with it and we categorize it as Sunday makeup, meaning “I’m not trying that hard”.
We would love to hear from you! Please share some of your favorite foundations in the comments below!
Be sure to sign-up for our email newsletter for our next post on how to pick out the right foundation for you.