2016 was the year of coconut oil. We were so obsessed with this beautiful botanical that we infused our best-selling Organic Coconut Cream Repair Mask with 50%
of the super food.
What makes coconut oil such a powerful ingredient is the extreme hydration and moisture it provides. Unlike man-made chemicals, this natural moisturizer infuses hair with hydration and shine with just one application.
Here are just a few reasons we’re obsessing over this super food.
- Helps with hair loss by nourishing the scalp which in turn improves the overall quality of the hair.
- Reduces hair damage. Coconut oil replenishes the protein loss in both damaged and undamaged hair. Coconut oil rich in lauric acid, has a high affinity for hair protein, and easily penetrates inside the hair shaft, which is due to its low molecular weight. It can be used for pre-wash or post-wash hair grooming.
- The application of coconut oil on the head and scalp also has a cooling effect. It can cool and soothe people with hot heads, or those who suffer from severe scalp sweating.
- Coconut oil has a high moisture retaining capacity, since it is not easily broken down nor evaporated, being very stable. It does not let moisture escape, thus keeping hair moist and soft, which prevents breakage of hair.
- The various fatty acids present in coconut oil serve as very good anti-dandruff agents and are far better than any anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Coconut oil can be a good styling oil for hair as well, as it melts on heating and then condenses when cooled.
If you haven’t used coconut oil in your hair care routine, we definitely recommend that you give it a try. Remember, a little bit of coconut oil goes a long way, so use sparingly.