One of the biggest trends in wellness is getting your vitamins and nutrients from whole foods rather than synthetic supplements. A great way to ramp up your healthy food intake is with chia seeds. These little power packed seeds are deemed the healthiest food on the planet and we’re just beginning to see why.
- They are full of antioxidants – which protect our skin and bodies against free radical damage.
- Only a small serving is all you need! Just two tablespoons has the same amount of Omega-3 fatty acids as 4 ounce of salmon.
- We all could use more fiber in our lives as this helps with waste elimination and feeling full when eating. These little seeds have 10 grams of fiber in just two tablespoons which is about 30% of your daily recommended intake.
- The protein in these little wondrous seeds is high as well. Four grams for each service (two tablespoons).
- Calcium is how we maintain our bone health and these little seeds contain five times more calcium than an ounce of milk.
You can incorporate these little power pellets into a variety of dishes. Right now, we’re popping them into this super delicious smoothie.
Chia Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain, vanilla or honey
- 1 ½ cups ice cubes
- 1 banana (if frozen, leave out some of the ice)
- 1 mango, about 1 cup chopped
- ⅛ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon honey
- chia seeds
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, about 3 minutes. Serve with chia seeds additional coconut and chopped mango if desired.
#urbanbella #urbanbellas #wellness #wellnesstrends #wellnesstips #chiaseeds #chia #superfoods #superfood #natural #healthy #organic #raw #body